I cannot remember how many weeks I’m at now.
17 weeks?
The last gynae appointment was end of Nov’15 and the next one is end of Dec’15.
One month seemed so long to meet it again! In between this period, I hoped and
prayed that the baby is doing okay and growing healthily.
This second trimester had been smooth, Alhamdulillah. I was eating well
and moving around as per normal. It almost felt like I wasn’t pregnant. I do
have occasional vomiting. These days I’m good at anticipating when I am likely
to vomit. I would know and have the queasy feeling after eating some unforeseen
unsuitable food and just prepare the bin.
No cravings so far. I do have some foodie thoughts, like I hadn’t had
waffles ice cream for a while and it’d be nice if I could taste durian for a
bit. But I doubt those are cravings, the I die-die must eat it or else
baby beranak lidah terjelir kind. The foods that I want to eat are usually
those that I know I can eat without having to barf within minutes. I rather
play it safe than go through another round of puking.
Speaking of which, I better start to religiously drink plain water.
Not a good habit to always want Coke and anything sugary in the name for the energy. It’s not
that I only drink sweet stuffs, it’s just that Coke is more…. appealing. So
#notetoself: must take more plain water.
I have noticed some bodily changes too. My gums bleed easily now. Bleeding
gums are common in pregnancy, so that’s not a cause to worry unless it gets
uncomfortable or causes more pain. I experience hair loss frequently too,
another common condition of pregnancy. I go to bed rather early too. Gone were the days that i slept past midnight. There was a few times when I was already asleep by 930pm! Other than that, I move slower now,
weight is increasing slowly as well (always hungry!), and of cos, the tummy’s
getting bigger. Im just sometimes not sure if it’s the bump or the boncet.
We have been s l o w l y opening to the public that we are expecting. Abz and I, we
are not the kind who made announcements and bask in limelight. We prefer to
subtly let people notice. I for one don't fancy unnecessary attention. We
do let out hints, like tagging each other in extremely minimal pregnancy-related posts in FB and my Instagram showed food pics related to the baby. One of the surest and
easiest was during a relative’s Umrah sendoff at the airport, where I was in a
long dress and a cardi, shyly covering the bump a little.
“Oh! Pregnant
already! Alhamdulillah congratulations! How many months now?” exclaimed some of the
aunties, while touching my belly.
See, no words or images required. Just show. Hahahh.
We also have thought of some names. We prefer simple, easy to pronounce
and short names. Knowing Abz, its no wonder he’d inject some humor into the
names for the kid. If example, I told him I like the name Rafael. Not that it’s
a Malay Muslim name, or is it? His reply:
“Okay so the next three (children) will be Leonardo, Donatello and
Michelangelo k?”
Thankssss ah husband.
We have some names for both genders, right now its waiting game to know
the gender. I figured its more intimate that we communicate with it by its name
instead of calling it “baby, baby..”.
Looking forward to the scans in late Dec’15!
Baby, be good and show us okay.