Friday, December 2, 2016

in loving memory of KKukie Kat

I hadn't had a loss so so deep for a very long time. It's been a month, but the grieve hadn't gone away. There's no telling when.



I've always been distant with furry animals, but we had you nevertheless. You were just a tiny kitten, small in size but occupied a huge part of our hearts and mind, and life.

I'm not the one whom held you the most, not the one who showered you nor the one who patted you to sleep the most. But I love and care for you no less. Especially when it was just us during my entire maternity leave period. Those early mornings and late nights and in between naps.

I don't need anyone telling me what I should or should not have done that morning. I know the feeling of guilt. Regret, upset. And those exact feelings killed me a little inside every time I passed by areas that's filled of your memories.

I had been asked if I'll take another furbaby. I doubt so.


I don't know if we had given you the best of your life, but you filled mine with happiness, laughter and amusement. Thank you for being in my life. You are loved by many.

I take consolation that we tried. You tried. You astounded me with your willpower shown by your last movements. Truly, you're my strong baby boy, like your namesake. I take consolation in the whole day we spent together. Just you and me.





I miss you. So much.
I pray to meet you again, at the Gardens under which the river flows, where He promised.

this time, I'll be sure to hold you, Insya Allah.